Thursday, April 14, 2011

SHEDDER TREASURE



These deer antlers were found on our property this Spring





This pair was found among the corn stubble when I cleaned the garden this Week




These two antlers were found at different times and in different Places




Antler Sculpture

There are actually five single antlers in this collection. One of the pictures of a single antler did not download. We found it in another area at the same time that we came upon a dying baby elk.
Cody and Annie are fascinated by these antlers. They gnaw on them, but are unable to break them. I have seen antlers with the points sawed off in pet shops sold as chews for dogs.




2 comments:

  1. Maybe making arrangements from these antlers could be a revenue maker. They are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your antlers. I got my permit but never went hunting. Beautiful piece of nature. Imagine the state wanting to monitor everyone who loves antlers.

    ReplyDelete