Friday, February 11, 2011

GLASS VASES



Clean windows, mirrors, and especially glass vases bring a touch of sparkle to any room. The bigger the better.



This tall straight vase is perfect for long stemmed Roses
Strip the leaves from below the waterline, change the water every 2-3 days and cut the stem off a couple of Inches
Warm water with a little preservative is Best



The narrow neck makes it easy to arrange gladiolas, gerbera daisies, hydranga and any flower that has a long stem and wants to flounce Around

Today I purchased these three vases at a home decor store in Salt Lake called Tai Pan.

I am preparing for spring when I will have blooming branches in my home for several months. As soon as a tree sets fat buds, cut off a few branches, bring them into the house and place in warm water. Before long, you will have lovely flowers on woody stems. I purchase branches in Provo at Costco, until my crab apple trees start to bud. Find a friend with fruit trees in their yard and ask if you may prune their tree. Many scrubs (forsythia, lilac, etc.), trees like crab
apple, peach, and apricot are beautiful. On some branches, green leaves will appear after the flowers fade and on some, the branches will begin to root.

2 comments:

  1. I always loved your horticultural touch. My front flower bed thanks you as soon as the thaw comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I come to Salt Lake we must go to Tai Pan--the new vases are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete