Thursday, February 10, 2011

AMARYLLIS II



This is the end of the Line
Second Bloom


First Bloom


After the first bloom was cut back, two new buds appeared and one bloomed 50% of the first bloom. Okay, but nothing special. Each time when I watered, I smelled an unpleasant odor from the rocks in the bowl. Several times I washed the rocks and refreshed all of the water, to no avail. The stink persisted. Today I took the bowl apart and discovered that the bulbs had no roots and that the bottom of the bulb was completely rotted away. I threw two bulbs away, washed the rocks, and put the one remaining bud into another container. In the future, I believe that I will throw the spent bulbs into the thrash. The second bloom has not been worth the effort.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love amaryllis! There is something about a large beautiful bloom perched upon a tall stem.

    ReplyDelete