Sunday, October 24, 2010

WEEKEND IN BOISE.....


Chuck and I watched Brendon play the last game of the season this weekend and perhaps the last game of his career.



Brendon is number 10 in this photo. He is an extremely fast runner and enjoys carrying the ball. He scored two touchdowns this season.


Boys play in this league until they are 12 years old. There is an league for older boys, but Brendon has decided to concentrate on baseball, his favorite sport. His family gives him 100% support.



Chuck enjoyed watching and talking football with Brendon.




BOISE PHILHARMONIC
plays

JOHN WILLIAMS


Nicole loves Music

Alisa, Nicole, Chuck and I attended a performance of the Boise Symphony on Friday Night. I will admit that I did not recognize the name John Williams when Alisa suggested that we get tickets for this event. This artist composed the music for all three Star Wars movies, ET, Superman, three Olympic Fanfares, Shindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, and the second Harry Potter movie. The symphony performed all of the above and was accompanied by four local college choirs for about half of the pieces. The conductor was competent and entertaining. If you think that Boise is a cultural backwater, you are mistaken. Thanks Alisa for arranging this special evening for us.

3 comments:

  1. Where's Blakey? Glad you had a great trip. It looks COLD at that football game. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weekend! Love the post! I'm glad you set the record straight about the culture in Boise. I wouldn't want anyone to think I live in the sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful children! I am glad that Brendon is concentrating on baseball. In my old age I have decided that football is barbaric and I cannot believe that I encouraged my boys to play.

    ReplyDelete