Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SAVE IT!!!


We are entertaining guests for the next six days, so today we made a trip to Costco
Seven days is too long not to freeze Meat
Usually I use gallon size ziplock Bags....
But not today!


Last November when we were in Arizona, Charles and Jenny and family gave us a
FoodSaver
Until today it had not been Used



As we hauled groceries into the laundry room, I spied the box of the FoodSaver



Unpacking the little machine, I was afraid it would be too complicated to operate at
6:00 in the evening with dogs to feed and dinner to prepare.
However, I was mistaken. With a little help from Chuck we quickly deciphered the instructions and in less than 30 minutes had a pile of vacuum packed meat.
It was so FUN!!!
Can't wait for fishing Season
No more fish frozen in Water!



Scallops
One night I am grilling shrimp and scallops with orange-scented Quinoa on my indoor Grill
Ever heard of Quinoa? Me neither.
Looks a lot like Pilaf
Saw it on Everyday Italian with Giada


Are you impressed??
Thank you Charles Ellis Family!

3 comments:

  1. You are getting very efficient! Sometimes, others can see a need for a particular appliance that we do not. Helmut repeatedly expressed my need of a knife sharpener. When I finally bought one I was mystified that it had taken me so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Rebecca, I've been impressed with you most of my life. You are a great hostess. I like that you put so much thought and energy and organization into your entertaining. I like your dreams and how you bring them to life. When are you getting your knife sharpener?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy it works! By the way did you know quinoa is the only whole grain that is a complete protein.:) xoxo Jenny

    ReplyDelete