Friday, June 17, 2011

SAN SABA, TEXAS AND THE RANCH



Raymond and my cousin Paula


Being fattened up for Slaughter
Paula prepared lunch for us and the beef was mighty Tasty



Prize Bull




I think Mary would have liked to roll back the clock and saddle Up







Ranch Buildings and Corrals



When Raymond first bought this ranch it encompassed 10,000 Acres. Today it is somewhat less. He raises black angus cattle for market and grows thousands of acres of wheat which is planted by a giant combine and harvested by the same machine. This attachment is used for spraying weeds, I think.




Giant Combine



Sarah and Judy



The ranch House



Paula standing in front of her Home

She and Raymond enjoy their life on a working ranch and raised four children here. Life on a ranch in Texas is hot, dry, and dusty. But, Raymond and Paula thoroughly enjoy the life they live here.

2 comments:

  1. <a href="http://www.texas-landman.com/>Land For Sale in Tx</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who Bucks Landman is, one of your mystery followers? I'm sure glad to see that the only horrible picture in your post is me. If I go back in time I'll need to remember how to bring indoor plumbing with me. Oh, and AC, and a refrigerator, and electricity, oh, forgot all about penicillin, neo-sporin, aspirin, motrin, hand lotion, shampoo, is that all?
    Cell phone.

    ReplyDelete