Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Home Sweet Home

Sugar snap peas, radishes, and spinach. The marigolds are to ward away the insects.














Planted 4 weeks ago, this corn, planted from seed, is now about 18 inches tall. Since I am at 6200 feet, I have no idea if we will be eating corn on the cob in September. The wire is to discourage the deer.















Two years ago, these day lilies were purchased for $1 a gallon at the end of the season. Twenty plants have filled in this bed beautifully. Eventually, they will double themselves.





These pots contain geraniums and boxwood. When the snow flies the geraniums will die, but the boxwood will survive the winter. An economical way to have a little green in your life amid all the brown and white.
















What a view!









I love retirement and I love my home and garden! I highly recommend both!

2 comments:

  1. Great picture mom! You look very content in front of your beautiful home. We love coming to visit and can't wait for Christmas. I love all the things you're teaching about flowers and plants. Heaven knows I need a little help in that area. I probably should have been by your side in the garden growing up instead of just the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Welcome to the bogging community and I'll be adding you to my link list to check back often! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete