Monday, November 15, 2010

THAT WHICH WE CALL A ROSE, BY ANY OTHER NAME WOULD SMELL AS SWEET.*


Ernest Craig Rees
Craig was named after his father


Logan Craig Rees
Logan was named after his Father

Jennifer Suzanne Ellis Rees is an Original
Emily Elizabeth is an Original
Brooklyn Suzanne is named after her Mother
Peyton Rebecca is named after Me



Steven Wayne Ellis is named after his Uncle Wayne Roger Ellis
Wayne is named after Roger Williams who was the founder of the Rhode Island Colony. The Ellis Family are direct descendants of Roger Williams
Parker Steven is named after his father
Summer Alyson is named after her mother
Aubrey Lynn is named after Aly's mother Judy Lynn
Macy Rebecca is named after me.

Alisa Anne Ellis Tueller is named after my dolls all named Alisa
Brendon Christian is named after his father Joseph Christian and two great Grandfathers
Nicole Anne is named after her Mother
Hayden Ellis carries his mother's Surname
Blake Joseph is named after his Father

Karen Marjorie Ellis Montgomery is named after our dear friend Margie C.
Roy Ernest Montgomery is an Original**
Paige Melissa Montgomery is named after Roy's sister Melissa

Jennifer Ann Ursitti Ellis
Skyler Joy Ellis is named after her Maternal Grandmother Carolyn (Kay) Joy Ursitti



My brother Thomas Merrill Stevens was named after our father Thomas Earl who was named after his father Thomas Majemsi (Sp) Luke Stevens

My brother Samuel Andrew is an Original **

My sister Mary Ann is a Original **

My sister Judy Stevens has no middle name and is an Original.**

When she was born the church discouraged middle names for girls in order to make genealogy and record keeping easier. My mother also bought two American Motor cars because George Romney was the President of that company and she reasoned that a good Mormon such as George must make only superior cars. Not so....
Returning from shopping one day, Judy, Mary and I pulled into a 7-11 for a drink. Just as we came to a stop the front wheel fell off of the car; completely turned onto it's side. We laughed hysterically.

My mother and her sisters had crazy names.
My mother was named Bentley (Billie) Irene Munsuel Stevens
Her sisters were: Loonie Ophelia, Gladys Bea, Josephine (Jo), and Mary
All are deceased except Gladys Bea.

My maternal grandmother, Heba Hortenese Munsuel, called her husband, my grandfather, Mr. Munsuel all their married life.

As for my name......I was named after my mother's elocution teacher, Rebecca Brown.
An elocution teacher, teaches the art of public speaking. Other than my mother telling me of the origin of my name, I have never heard the word elocution spoken. How do I remember such a word?

Juliet spoke the words in the title of this blog to her beloved Romeo. Names make a great deal of difference to many people, especially the Montegues and the Capulets.

Most people enjoy the sound of their own name, so when greeting others....use their name.

*Shakespeare
** Am I correct?


6 comments:

  1. I am still laughing about the wheel falling off the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wheel falling off the car is absolutely our best and longest group laugh. I'm laughing out loud right now. Daddy did not laugh. He fixed it and got rid of the car with a very few days. We never drove it again.

    Samuel Andrew is named after Grandmother's father, Samuel Andrew Berry.

    Mother is named after one of Josh Munselle's friends. They called him Uncle Bentley.

    Aunt Sloan is named after another family friend.

    Aunt Jo's name is Joann.

    I might have been named for Aunt Mary.

    Grannie spelled their last name Munsil in the early days. They later started spelling it Munsell. That is on some of the birth records. Grannie's death record spells it Munselle.

    An interesting aside -- Mother's birth certificate says her name is Irene Bentley Munsell.

    Grand daddy's middle name is spelled Majempsie. When he was older he changed his name to Thomas Jefferson Luke Stevens. His grandfather was Luke Stevens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Roy is named after his paternal grandfather of the same name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments and corrections. Mary, I loved the new info you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have had a good laugh at the wheel coming off, too, when I was young. Now? Not so much.... =)
    E. M.
    Henderson, NV

    ReplyDelete