Sunday, October 16, 2011

I LOVE THIS QUICHE......AND SO WILL YOU


Saturday Morning Holiday Brunch



Ham, Mushroom and Red Bell Pepper Quiche
Fruit and Muffins

The Women's Organization at our church served brunch on Saturday morning and instructed us in the making of numerous Holiday Arts and Crafts....everything from beautiful wreaths, to decorated and painted pumpkins for Halloween. There was also a turkey stuffing demonstration. They stuffed the cavity of a turkey with onions, lemons, and rosemary stems. Then they lifting the skin from the breast and stuffed that space with truffle butter.....sounds delicious. We will be in Arizona for Thanksgiving. Perhaps I will convince Jennifer to let me try this turkey technique.

I wasn't really interested in making crafts for my home, but it was fun to listen to and watch these young women talking about their lives and the things they were doing, on very little money, to make their house a home. I will relay many of these ideas on to my daughters and daughter-in-laws.

Ham, Mushroom and Red Bell Pepper Quiche

1/2 c. milk
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1 c. cubed ham
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 T. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped mushrooms
2 T. chopped red pepper
1 frozen pie crust thawed

Saute ham, onion, mushrooms and bell pepper until the onion is translucent.
Combine the sauted ingred. w/ the cheese and pour all into the thawed pie shells
Mix together the milk, eggs, mustard, and salt and pepper and pour
this mixture over the sauted ingredents.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until an insert knife comes
out clean
Cool for five minutes before serving

This quiche is easy to make and delicious to eat. I made two of them for the brunch....started prep at 6:45 and delivered them to the church at 8:30.

2 comments:

  1. This all sounds so homey. I am very excited for Christmas when I can spend time in your kitchen and make quiche, and cookies and perhaps a few crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quiche so I think I'll try your recipe. The RS activity sounds like it was a real winner. I love those. I also love your first picture, you look like one of those famous book writing chefs, like maybe Martha Stewart.

    ReplyDelete